Monday, August 24, 2009

Update/Checking In

In my pursuit to learn the science behind the Zero Emission Research Initiative (ZERI), which is based on the work of American biologist Lynn Margulis, I ended up opening Pandora’s box. Luckily at the bottom of the box I found hope and understanding, just like Pandora did. However, the burdensome labor of reading and comparing a multitude of biological theories from Endosymbiotic Theory to Neo-Darwinism and even (Un) Intelligent Design has slowed down my pace to achieve my academic goals that I have set for myself in Collaborative Methods.
I have to admit that I have really enjoyed the journey and the many unintended consequences that have come along with it. Much of what I have discovered on the diversion from my path will be cataloged for a later date.
The main lesson learned here is that if you do not have a background in biology, the stuff I have been reading will blow your mind, while simultaneously turning your brains into scrambled eggs.
Lesson number two is to not let an academic discussion/debate with Italian-Systems- Theorist-turned-Intelligent-Designer deter you from your main reason for going to the park to have a study break and play soccer.

1 comment:

  1. So, what is it that you found at the bottom of Pandora's box?

    ReplyDelete